Thursday, March 17, 2005

Where's my drink, bitch?

Hey all. Just a quick post on the highlights of the 'Skunts & Mankers Tour,' which is basically the Western Knights end of season trip to Echuca. Being an annual event the tour is probably more looked forward to than any other time of the year within the club. It was once again a memorable trip, lots of relaxing and swimming in the Mighty Murray River - although I didn't consume much alcohol in my couple of days up there.
I have learned a couple of what-not-to-do's in my time away which include but are not limited to: (a) spending 8 hours in the Murray River is not really that good for your health, especailly when you have applied no sunscreen. (b) mud from the river is not to be used as a natural exfoliator. (c) throwing tennis balls in the River is not a good idea, sorry Pete. (d) don't drink in the river - as when you are under the influence, it's harder to tell that you are getting pulled away by the current until it's too late. (e) camp fires should not be used as a source of warmth when you have bad sunburn.
One of the things that I discovered about myself in Echuca that I didn't know was my natural ability to play poker. I had a basic grasp of the game, but never really understood the whole gambling side to it. But with the little obsessive compulsive gambler showing me the ropes (I can't mention her name, due to a nasty incident that happened when AdamMac mentioned her by name in one of his posts), I picked up the basics fairly quickly. My first attempt at the game wasn't too impressive, but after waking up with a nasty dose of sunstroke on sunday night I decided that I'd give it another go. Taking on not only the compulsive lady gambler, we also had two other seasoned gamblers in the form of Brett and Frewy. After wiping Brett off the table in pretty much no time at all, Frewy and myself were slowly but surely getting rid of the lady of the table. Then she decided, it's 2 o'clock in the morning, the next hand wins. Being the person that owned the cards we didn't really get much say in the matter. So of course, the next hand was dealt and of course, she won it. With two lousy pair.
Another thing that was quite amusing - on the Monday morning, young Rach received a phone call from AdamMac, who needed Mummy on the phone. Only hearing what MrsMac was saying to young Adam, was enough to keep all those in earshot in stitches. 'Yes Adam, the fabric softner does go in the middle part of the washing machine.' 'No you put the washing powder in the barrel, and the fabric softner in the middle part. Then you turn the machine on.' 'No, you have to hang it (the washing) up on your own, the machine won't do it for you.' Poor AdamMac, his mum comes up to Echuca for a couple of days supporting the club, and he struggles without her.
Anyway, won't crap on too much, as have been told that posts are starting to get too long. So anyway, for all parties interested - come down to see the Grand final on Saturday, both the Women and the Men are playing, and a little extra support is always good! GO TEAM!

2 Comments:

Blogger AdamMac said...

Matty, Matty, Matty...

What have you started?? I do not think you are well aware of what is to begin! For starters, you insult me when my internet is down, knowing fairly well that I can't blog, leaving me open to insults. Then, you comment on something which you only know half of, and the other half you made up by yourself!! So, I'm asking your two or three readers to come to www.adammac.blogspot.com in the next couple of days, coz I'm sure they'd like to hear a reply!

Till then.... sleep tight!!!

Adam Mac
Capable of using a washing machine!

Fri Mar 18, 07:39:00 AM  
Blogger Matty Zees said...

Mr Bitchy Bitch...
Am looking forward to a reply on your post.
I would like to offer a clarification on the washing machine issue. The last couple of comments were not made by AdamMac, they were merely smartarse comments that were made purely to keep us entertained. And to give a more accurate description of what happened, young AdamMac was merely unsure of what fabric softner had to be used, and where to put it. But like I said in the post, it was the enteratinment value. Hearing only one side of the conversation and then commenting on that to keep us amused. From now on, no more digs at AdamMac until his net is back up so that he can post.

Fri Mar 18, 01:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home