Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Audition or no audition

A couple a days ago, Beckz received an email from the lovely folk at channel 7, inviting her to come on down to audition for the game show deal or no deal. I was needed to be there to support her, as poor Beckz has this idea in her head that it is somewhat uncool to be seen in public all by yourself. So using the line that I would be getting the fame and riches that I deserve for putting up with her shit for the last 20 years, I was convinced to go with her.
Upon our very early arrival, we decided that the 12 pokie machines that were in the club were in more need of our money than ourselves, so proceeded to donate our last few cents into the machine. Before making myself totally destitute, I saved the last few credits and pulled my last $10. Discussing what we would do with the next 40 minutes we decided to head to the bar to spend my last couple of dollars on a drink, where I was rather excited and embarrassed to find that I had pulled $19 out of the machine instead of $10. So after being called as stupid as AdamMac for not even realizing what I had done, we bought a couple of drinks where the lovely bar staff gave us some auditioning advice for the show.
Come 4pm, we finally got in to the audition. It was quite an exciting little event, with the little bald guy thanking us for coming and explaining the procedures and getting us to fill out the form and then line up and get our photo taken. It was then that the genius that is my sister realized that she forgot to bring pens to fill out the forms. So after begging the two kind ladies next to us to use their pens we finally got the forms filled out. Then, we had to wait a good half an hour in line to get a 30 second interview with a couple of ladies that were more than happy to take my photo. Asking me why I wanted to be on the show, I told them that I was really looking forward to making a dick of myself on TV with Andrew O'Keefe, and bringing home the 50cent jackpot, which not only got a laugh out of the girls doing the interview but Beckz as well. Which pissed her off immensely because she apparently got her speech all prepared and because I made her laugh she couldn't remember it. After hearing her giving the biggest kiss arse speech I've heard in my life, we left. Beckz was convinced that if she didn't make the show it would be my fault. Because of that, I have to give her a percentage of my winnings. Which will never happen.
anyways as soon as I hear that I'm on the show, I'll let you all know... So it may be a while between now and my next post.
Onwards and upwards... MattyZees

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all, just aquick update Matty hasnt been updating as the internet at our house is down, fingers crossed we will get it back soon.
ANYWAY WE MADE IT THROUGH THE AUDITIONS WOOHOO EVEN ME!!! we have the taping at the end of the show so here is hopin that me or Matty make it down an get to pick a suitcase...stay tuned for more updates :)

Mon Apr 11, 12:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm stupid me just read that an i meant to say we have the taping of the show at the end of the week!! i so dumb ahahaha

Mon Apr 11, 12:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home